Saturday 3 February 2018

Story of a Quilt - Chroma

Chroma is the latest collection of handcrafted batiks designed by Alison Glass for Andover Fabrics. I often see fabric collections online and slowly fall in love with them. Such was the case with Chroma.

It was quite a slow burn in fact and the quilt I've loved the most that Alison designed with the fabrics was a simple one of squares joined together.

I finally took the plunge and ordered the whole collection, all 27 bolts! They're listed in my online shop.


I felt that a quilt made from this collection needed to use most, if not all, of them so I decided to make a really quick quilt which used all but one of them. I also felt the fabrics needed to be able to speak for themselves so decided on a large-scale HST quilt harking back to that favourite Alison Glass design. I would have made the quilt in a matter of days if it weren't for feline helpers!

Helping with the layout

Helping press the backing

Double trouble helping with the quilting


I'm really happy with the finished quilt; it's got a lovely glow about it. The finished size is 63" square. The HSTs are 9" square. I backed it with an AG Sunprint I had on the shelves and quilted it using King Tut 918, Joseph's Coat. The wadding is Hobbs Heirloom 80/20.


The quilt will appear as a project in the February 2018 issue of P&Q. It's my current favourite quilt, of course!



No comments:

Post a Comment