Monday 23 June 2014

Quilting Update..........it's about time!

Oh dear! How long has it been since I've done a blog post? Let alone one on my quilting antics?
 
Too long is the answer!
 
Well lots has been going on, mainly with the two bees I've joined. I think my last post about my quilting was a tutorial for my Wonky Churn Dash block. This was for the month of May when I was Queen Bee in the LBQB. I received eleven wonderful blocks from my bee ladies and now all I need to do is decide how to put them all together in a quilt. I'm thinking of white sashing but adding something wonky at the posts. Because of the variety of colours used, I'm planning on picking up a charm pack or two when I go to the UK Robert Kaufman distributor in a week's time.
 
I'll do a proper post on my bee blocks once I've joined them together into my quilt.
 
The other bee I've joined is Instagram based. We are using the Modern Bee book by Lindsay Conner. I love most of the blocks in it and change my mind every month about which block I want everyone to make for me when it's my turn to be Queen Bee. That's not until March so I dare say there will be a few changes before then!
In the first month we made the Painter's Palette block for Gina. She asked us to make them a little different so I made mine with pinwheel blocks.
 
 
It was Catrin's turn in June and she chose the Come Together block, requesting certain colours in certain places. I loved putting this block together. It's a big one but so quick and easy to make!
 
 
I got to use some of my new fabrics in this block, which made me happy!
 
I've been making more blocks for my City Sampler quilt but concentrating on the striped version now.
 
And lastly here's a quick quilt I made using the wonderful Dreamin' Vintage fabrics I've got in stock. This collection just oozes summer and makes me smile.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I so love that Dream Vintage quilt. So bright and cheerful xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love that quilt! Such lovely colours and I think the s-line quilting looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder you've not been able to blog - to busy creating lovely things!

    ReplyDelete