Saturday 12 April 2014

My Favourite Cake Recipe

I've finally found a sponge mix recipe that I really like on the BBC Good Food website so sharing the gist of it here so that I've always got it to refer to, and so I can remember where it came from!
The original recipe is for a lemon drizzle cake by Tana Ramsey which is one of our favourite cakes. We've made it both in a loaf tin and as small individual cakes.

I also used the base mix for some other cakes which came out nice and light and fluffy so this is the way to go. I think the difference must be the number of eggs used. In the past, I've probably used one or two eggs in a cake recipe and the results have always been a bit heavy and disappointing.

So here goes.........my new go to basic cake mix.

225g unsalted  butter
225g caster sugar
4 eggs
225g self raising flour

Its the usual method of creaming the butter and sugar together, adding the eggs one at a time before combining it with the flour.

So on today's to do list we're going to make marble cakes!

Joanna

No comments:

Post a Comment